Monday, July 2, 2012

movie editing

kinda weird...  I am expecting my movie, that I just funded/filmed/acted in/produced/wrote/directed, to be edited by some nice peeps,.. and I can't help but be super criticizing of the last few cuts.. maybe because I'm just being hard on myself.  One thing I believe that will always be true for me is:  when I/you have a vision, and it is given to other people to be handled, your vision just keeps getting more and more filtered and most of the time looks unrecognizable.  I just shot something as a very 15 second small side project that took 30 minutes: of shooting on my iPhone and editing on my computer with Windows Movie Maker...




It took me 30 minutes and I enjoyed watching and re-watching it 10 times more than watching the recent cuts of my film that I spent 2000 dollars on.  Of course the film is totally undeserving of this comparison, but it's just screwed up!!  I think I shall buy an editing program now to help next time with the process... I actually like editing ... I enjoyed it before when I used to make video projects for nursing school, and I enjoyed it today.

For those of you that don't know.. I was in nursing school 2 different times.  I believe I am pretty intelligent, honestly, but when it came right down to it.. I failed at nursing/NCLEX type questions.   "choice A is 20percent right, B is 5percent right, C is 90percent right and D is 100percent right"..  that shit killed me.  But also... my heart wasn't in it.  When it came to projects in nursing school, it always had to be a video project and it was always written and directed and edited by me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxRB-2sLy2w&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpUzSbM4klg&feature=plcp


anywhooo... I'm ready already Hollywood!!!



No comments: