Tuesday, May 7, 2013

dreaming

last night i dreamt

i was in a restaurant and then all of a sudden i felt something touch my head
i looked and some guy was wearing a hat that looked like my hounds tooth hat that i own, but i realized i already had a hat on
then later he came up to me and said, dude you didn't even notice this is your hat.. i realized i must have double hatted, but then on further inspection i realized it wasn't really my hat anyways and i told him to toss it or keep it, i didn't need it
walking from the restaurant i am now with my family and we are about to pack into our car
it's an old toyota Camry?  maybe?  but the one i remember my father had for a short while, when i was in my teens
it's look is dilapidated and as if it's been in a fender bender, a huge dent on the side door
before getting us all in this egg beater we realize the tire has blown and we need to fix this flat
my father pops the front hood and starts using this different jack, something I've never seen before
this jack attached to the side of the front hood and then somehow connects to this part that is grounded and somehow jacks the car up in a sturdier fashion than most other jacks would... it's kind of hard to explain


in retrospecticus, the hat thing:   sometimes when I'm trying to carry things in my arms and i have to transport my multiple hats from here to there, i'll double hat, just for transferring purposes
but now I'm juggling 2 jobs and other things in my life
also with my new job/taking care of business,  i am changing hats, kind of seeing what type of man i want to be/ might become
quickly with that issue i think of what type of man my father is ..
i had him fresh in my mind last night because i was talking about him with Christina
and how crafty and knowledgeable he is
he is not only an engineer, but a mechanic, a plumber, a contractor ... he can make almost anything work
instead of looking at this car as my father "the hoarder" i looked at it as my father "the guy who can fix anything"  . . . .and just the fact that he was using this tool that I didn't even think existed, says he probably has so much more for me to learn from him..  not only how to fix a car, but how to be a good father, how to take care of your family, how to be a good and decent man

i really wish i can catch more of my dreams and remember them like this

No comments: