Wednesday, April 11, 2007

how it went

jimminy jimminy jimminy

Yikes. I have never been so nervous. I am told that when a comic, his/her first time, gets up there, "once you hear that laughter of the crowd, you get comfortable and you want more and more." Ummm, well then I guess I might not be a comic. I was so nervous I was shaking like the whole frikky dikky time. I wanted to make more hand gestures, but every time I tried to I'd see my hand shake and I'd just put it right back in my pocket. I believe I heard laughter, but I kept analyzing the whole time how different the reactions were from what I expected. I don't believe I enjoyed myself at all on the stage last night. My teacher told me to have fun up there. I remember that now but forgot it on stage. I dunno, I believe I might have been funny, I don't even know. I just tried to get it all over with as I rehearsed it and then right when I got off stage I drank myself silly. We all ended up going to my local bar, Boardwalk 11, and I don't remember singing Bill Wither's Use Me, but apparently I did. I think that bar now hates me as all I ever do is get belligerent and sing bad. Will I ever do stand up again?? who knows. Only if that "once you hear the crowd..." thing is not true. I plan on posting the copy of the comedy set once I receive it.

2 comments:

johnny said...

i'm really bummed i missed your show! but i like your blogs...

MyCrowsa said...

why thank you
i've been a bad blogger, though
haven't logged on like.. in a month?
but hey it's ok you didn't come, we do have that rendezvous under the bridge where i cuss you out, and the bulls are looking good taking the first two games of the playoffs...
last night it looked like detroit was gonna win, i didn't watch the whole game